This Privacy Statement (together with our Terms and Conditions agreement which can be found here applies to your use of:
Scope of Statement
At Block Angel we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to complying with the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Block Angel version 1 mobile application software (the “App”) which is hosted by Amazon Web Services and distributed through iTunes and Google Play (the “App Sites”), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (the “Device”).
- Any of the services accessible through the App (the “Service(s)”) that are available on the App Sites or other sites of ours (the “Services Sites”).
- Block Angel web app software (the “web App”) which is hosted by Amazon Web Services.
This Privacy Statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, through the App or the App Sites or that is provided to us by the property manager of your multi-unit residential complex (the “Property Manager ”) will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.Block Angel acts as data processor for the purposes of the GDPR in relation to the data you provide to us. The Management Company will act as the data controller for these purposes.
Block Angel will make this notice available to data subjects at the point at which data subjects input their personal data into the App. All employees or staff of Block Angel who interact with data subjects will be instructed to ensure that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention.
Who are we?
Block Angel Limited. (“Block Angel,” “our,” “we,” or “us”) provides CRM, messaging and other collaboration services to users around the world. You agree to our Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) by installing, accessing, or using our apps, services, features, software, or website (together, “Services”).
You can contact us with any data protection queries here:
Phone: +353 1 693 0333
Information we collect from you
- Contact details – name, address, mobile number and email address. You provide us with this information by filling in the forms on the App when registering to use the App, by corresponding with us and/or by subscribing to any of our Services.
- Information about you and your device – each time you visit one of our sites or use our App we will automatically collect details of your use of our App or your visits to our sites.
- Unique application numbers -when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
Purpose for which we collect personal data
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- For use by your Property Manager in order to be able to contact you regarding property management activities, building safety policies and procedures and other building operation issues.
- For use by your Property Manager to provide you with information relating to the safe and appropriate operation of building facilities.
Legal basis for collecting/processing personal data
We process your personal data in accordance with the terms of a Customer Contract which we enter into with the Property Manager who in turn has provided you with a privacy statement or policy explaining their legal basis for collecting and processing your personal data.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
You may withdraw consent at any time by providing an unambiguous indication of your wishes by which you, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signify withdrawal of consent to the processing of personal data relating to you. You can withdraw your consent at any time by accessing this setting in the Profile and Settings feature in app
Withdrawal of consent shall be without effect to the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Block Angel will pass your personal data on to your Property Manager for the purposes described above. Other than this, Block Angel will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
Block Angel will process your personal data for as long as your Property Manager is using the Services and you are the owner or resident of a residential unit engaged with using the Services. Block Angel will delete your personal data when you choose to no longer use the Services.
Your rights as a data subject
- At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Block Angel refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on to the Property Manager as per the terms of our contract with them.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Block Angel (or third parties as described above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Block Angel’s data protection contact.
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details||Block Angel data protection contact|
|Contact Name||Data Protection Commissioner||Andrew Farrell|
|Address line 1||Office of the Data Protection Commissioner||2nd Floor|
|Address line 2||Canal House||6 Exchange Place|
|Address line 3||Station Road||IFSC|
|Address line 4||Portarlington|
|Address line 5||R32 AP23 Co. Laois||Dublin 1|
|email@example.com||+353 57 8684800
+353 (0)761 104 800
|+ 353 1 693 0333|
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you when you next start the App or log onto one of the Services Sites. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the App or the Services.
The only cookies we use are Google Analytics which run on our website for anonymous visitor tracking. We do not use any cookies in our app.
Document Owner and Approval
Block Angel is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the Data Protection Acts 1988 -2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR)
BLOCK ANGEL LIMITED